Thursday, October 16, 2014

PEACHTREE DINER - ROSWELL, GA

They describe their restaurant as warm, casual, and high energy and we would have to agree. It was a late night excursion after a day of conference events that found us here and within minutes of arriving we were invigorated and in a great mood.

Peachtree Diner was a bright surprise. We had few expectations and the few we had weren't promising . Both of us figured we might get a decent salad, maybe a good burger or even some breakfast fare despite the late hour. Might. The stellar service and the really good food just threw us completely off guard!

Not that Big Daddy would agree but I thought our server was quite the cutie! And his professionalism was topnotch.  From start to finish the service was impeccable. Great service and really good food can't help but equate to sheer perfection.


The menu was extensive and I have to admit that always scares me. When there are so many choices I can't imagine a restaurant being able to maintain the quality that each would require. Now I can't speak for everything on the menu but what we were served was impressive.


I ordered the Gyro Grill. It was thin slices of grilled lamb and beef with lettuce, diced tomatoes and onions wrapped in a grilled pita. It was served with a side of tzatziki sauce for dipping and wedge-cut French fries. It was by far one of the best gyros I have ever eaten. The meat was abundant and flavorful and the fries were absolutely decadent!

Big Daddy ordered their Old Fashioned Cheeseburger. It was a good half-pound of meat with a thick, gooey slice of American cheese on top. It was topped with lettuce, tomato and a slice of onion and was served with a small side of coleslaw and two thick fried onion ring slices. The meat was nicely seasoned, the onion rings crispy and again, some really good French fries.

I won't even start on the iced tea. I'll just say that it was so good we both asked for two large to-go cups to take with us! Two thumbs up for Peachtree Diner. My only regret was that I didn't try one of the decadent cakes or pies in the dessert case because they had one of the most impressive dessert cases that I have ever seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment